A Taste of Armageddon
Wherein we discuss:
- How Jessica just doesn’t believe that anyone would voluntarily walk into a disintegration chamber
- How this may be the most peaceful and moral of all wars (and the guards are just the worst)
- Comparing Eminiar 7's war with our food processes
- Ranking on the Enterprise
- Redshirts and Spock's nerve pinch and mind melding abilities
- The new actors vs the old actors—are they older or do they just seem more mature?
- Shatner’s halting speech--love it or hate it?
- Maya 3’s character— she’s a pretty face, but did she bring anything to the story?
- The lack of sexual tension in the show
- How Anon7 spams the Enterprise
- The ambassador characters
- The what ifs of the other planet
It’s all about the Kirk Speech. That magic moment what William Shatner dramatically delivers the moral or message of the episode. A Taste of Armageddon has one of my all time favorites, but he’s got plenty more.
Check out these episodes:
- The Omega Glory - Dealing with two warring tribes and a renegade officer, the story is a little over the top, but the Kirk Speech is fantastic!
- Return to Tomorrow - Great episode, great speech! "What is the mission of this ship?”
3 of 5 Disintegration Chambers
The next episode I'll be watching is The Naked Time. Stream it on your fave device by searching The Original Series, Season 1, Episode 24.