- how this was an ok episode, I guess
- the moment when you lose it and just start crying
- the moment when Picard isn't Picard
- love for Picard, his hair, his flute, and his costumes
- the many mind trips of Picard
- hey, where is Troi?
- oh, and we heart Picard
Stay tuned for extra, extra cheese when Andy and Jessica read the poem at the end.
5 of 5 Ressikan flutes
If you couldn't tell from every mention of love every time Patrick Stewart was anywhere in our thoughts, here are some recommendations for Picard heavy episodes:
- Captain’s Holiday (season 3, episode 19) - Picard goes to a pleasure planet and meets Vosh, a shady archeologist.
- Follow up Captain's Holiday with Q-Pid (season 4, 20) - Where Q turns the Enterprise into Robin Hood!
- Tapestry (season 6, episode 15) - Picard goes back in time to relive a moment where he is stabbed in the heart.
- Starship Mine (season 6, episode 18) - Picard in Die Hard.
- Gambit (season 7, episodes 4 & 5) - Picard is dead and vaporized and when we catch up with him, he’s infiltrated a group of potentially dubious people.
- Darmok (season 5, episode 2) - Picard and another alien end up together, unable to communicate with each other, and must learn from each other to defeat a monster that is attacking them.
For the first time, Jessica has a recommendation! Since this episode was a lot like poetry, go read Walt Whitman’s 'Of the terrible doubt of appearances'. If you don't see the connection, well, at least you got some culture.
Next Up: Unification - Parts 1 & 2
Oh we're going to be all over the place, with stories intertwining and Spock making an appearance. Alright, that isn't a prediction so much as Andy already said it.