Best of Both Worlds – Part 1
This week, Andy and Jessica discuss…
- Lt Commander Shelby, Jessica’s new favorite Guest Star and her relationship to Riker
- How poorly Riker acts toward Shelby
- Why Riker acts like a total butt-faced, crabby-pants jerk to Shelby
- We talk about those pesky Borg too!
- Jessica has a theory: The Borg aren’t space zombies, they are…
- Television’s evolution – Story Telling from 1966 to 1990 to today
- Andy’s obsession with Spoiler Alerts (Warning: this section contains SPOILER ALERTS for The Empire Strikes Back and MASH)
And much more…
4 of 5 Locutus Borg Face Implants
I Borg (Season 5 Episode 23) We meet and nurse back to health an injured Borg, but discover doing the right thing may be harder than we thought.
Andy HIGHLY Recommends
Family (Season 4, Episode 2, the next episode). Picard returns to Earth and his home as he deals with life after his assimilation by the Borg. Also follows Worf and Wesley on personal journeys of family and resolution.
Next Up: Best of Both Worlds – Part 2
This one is a little different because I just got to see part 1! But here’s what I think happens:
Firing doesn’t do anything. The Borg basically ignore everything thrown at them and leave the Enterprise as a mess in space while they head off. Riker becomes captain of the limping ship and we try to follow the borg. Mostly we just come across some serious destruction as we get closer and closer to earth. We’ll take on a bunch of refugees from other ships and planets. On the borg side, we’re going to get a look into Picard and how he influences the Borg. Because resistance is never futile! By the time we get to earth, there’s going to be a showdown and we’re going to tech our way to destroying them—right after we beam Picard on board!