Journey to Babel
- A check-in with Andy about this journey, and what we like and dislike and where we're going from here
- Wardrobe loves their unitards and shiny, shiny outfits
- All the alien races and extreme alien-ness
- Jessica doesn't care about whatever vote was happening that they spent time on. FOCUS Star Trek!
- Slow burn stories over full seasons and how that wasn't a thing in the 70s
- Why doesn't everyone beam? Because transporter issues, McCoy says.
- We can't forgive McCoy for not knowing Vulcan anatomy
- The transmitter is in--wait for it--the antenna.
- The Kirk fight. Impressive? Clunky? We're split on it.
- The history of the Vulcan Salute
- Exploring humanity through the eyes of Spock
- Classic family discord via Vulcan drama
- Vulcan history, emotion and yes, even prejudice
- Jessica's issues with Spock's mom
- Sarek & Romulans
- Captain Kirk grew on Jessica. Finally.
- Star Trek resolution scenes
- Warp 10 is a lot of warps!
3 of 5 Andorian Antennas
If your thing transporter issues, Andy suggests The Enemy Within. You'll also see the first time Spock does the nerve pinch.
We only get two Romulan episodes. So if you want to get introduced to the Romulans (and see the actor who plays Sarek, Spock's dad, again) before we meet them with next week's episode, watch Balance of Terror.
We meet Romulans for the first time in The Enterprise Incident.